Friday, May 6, 2011

Wouldn't it Be Nice?

Wouldn't it be nice if designers were given full rein to redesign the world? I think everybody would be a little happier if the world around them looked a little prettier. This project is a perfect example of how stuffy, boring and unnoticed branding could take on an entire new feeling. Quick, think of the current USPS logo? Can you picture it? You're thinking "There's an eagle I think...it's blue maybe?". NOBODY cares, because it just sits there, old stiff, and easily ignored. Sadly, I think this beautiful branding would be a tough sell, as it's very stylized, and I can't see the higher ups at the post office being particularly exciting people to work with. But I can honestly say I would look forward to going to the post office if I had this to look forward to. One can dream...

{Branding by Matt Chase}




No comments:

Post a Comment