Sunday, May 22, 2011

Curry Turkey Burgers with Heirloom Tomatoes

Last Sunday I made some pretty amazing turkey burgers and haven't gotten a chance to write about them until now. It's been that kind of week. When Sarah was in town I had dinner with her family and her mom made these awesome burgers I've been wanting to recreate. I cruised down to the farmers market, picked up some heirloom tomatoes, fresh bread and arugula, and stopped off at the store for some ground turkey. I minced green onion and garlic, and combined with the turkey, curry powder, fresh ginger, salt and pepper. Simple as that, although I'm sure you could go nuts adding other stuff, like red bell peppers which I had planned, but forgot to pick up. I cooked the formed patties in a pan for maybe 15 minutes and served on hearty bread with the tomatoes, arugula, and a julienned carrot and fresh ginger mixture. Overall I was really pleased with how they turned out, but there are a few things I would change next time. For one, I think the burgers needed way more curry powder, and I felt like I had added quite a bit. Also, as yummy as the bread was, I think a simpler whole-grain hamburger bun would have been better, and made it easier to eat. It's a simple yummy summer dish though that I'll definitely make again, and highly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment