Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I got a crock pot for Christmas...

...and I'M PUMPED! If there is any indication of how excited I am about it, the first thing I made is menudo, and I was so excited to try it, I took one blurry picture and threw my camera to the side to dig in.
I thought menudo was easy to make before, but then I got a crock pot, and now you have to be borderline retarded to screw it up, and it's awesome. I threw short ribs, hominy, hot tomato sauce, a little enchilada sauce, an onion, garlic and oregano into the pot on low and went to bed. Simple as that. I woke to the apartment smelling of deliciousness, and had lunch ready. Garnish with lime and cilantro and you're good to go. Another indicator of how pumped I am about making menudo is I can't bring myself to put it in the fridge. I'm perfectly happy keeping the crock pot on low for a week and slowly (well, not that slowly if we're all being honest) scarfing it bowl by bowl.

All I can say is, the crock pot is going to provide many-an-amazing dinner from here on out. I can count on gaining about 10 pounds, and I've never been more ok with it. Up next, Will's pulled pork.... mmmmm (Homer voice)

No comments:

Post a Comment