Saturday, December 4, 2010

Home made pot pie

A few weeks ago (before Thanksgiving) I was feeling particularly domestic and festive and thought I would attempt to make a chicken pot pie. For no other reason than I got home from work and had nothing to do with myself, and wanted to go to Pies and Pints but didn't feel like driving. Surprisingly I had most of the ingredients already, well minus the chicken which I had to run to the store for. Ok, ok, and the crust which was curtsy of Betty Crocker (damn she's good).

I wish I could be blogging about how I opened the cabinet and gracefully whipped together a filling off of pure instinct, but alas I am a slave to my William Sonoma cookbooks I inherited from my Grandma, and for good reason! I can honestly say I have never made something out of those book I didn't like. That said, with a little help from William and Betty, I created a pretty damn good pie if I do say so myself. Not in the least bit healthy, but I honestly don't give a damn, it's winter, and it was good.

Fresh out of the oven

Excellent pairing 

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment