Monday, October 31, 2011

The Taste of Fall

Once the weather starts getting cold and I say goodbye to iced coffee for 8 long months, I find adding a little chai helps make morning coffee slightly more interesting. With that in mind, I found a recipe for chai pumpkin loaf and thought it sounded like a perfect way to combine a few fall favorites. Not only was the outcome delicious and moist, but the recipe is very easy, which in the baking world I am a huge fan of. There are two steps, combine and bake. That, I can handle. 

2 Eggs
1 and 3/4 Cups Flour
1 and 1/2 Cups Sugar
2/3 Cup Pumpkin Puree
1/2 Cup Butter, melted
1/2 Cup Chai Tea Concentrate (I actually would add more next time)
1/4 Cup Buttermilk
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Cloves
1/8 Teaspoon Ginger

Preheat to 350, combine all ingredients and whip together until smooth. Bake for 1 hour.

Original recipe found here

No comments:

Post a Comment