Wednesday, September 26, 2012

the death of the red wall

After living in our new house for 4 month or so now it's about time I share some photos. For those of you who know me well it'll come by no surprise that the entire place was decorated within a week of living there, the living room painted within two. What's lame about this before and after is it's sort of old, and I may have been drinking when I took these pictures because they are quite sloppy. I do plan on taking some quality pictures of our lovely new home one of these days, but after 4 months of not doing that, I've decided to share the few I have taken. The living room has changed slightly, with the addition of an awesome vintage bar cart Will got me for my birthday and a great hair pin coffee table we scored at a garage sale, but the wall color hasn't changed, which is really the point of the post.

Alright, where was I? Ah yes, accent walls. For those who read this blog often, you know I've been mildy obsessed with dark grey/black walls for quite some time. I initially wanted to paint our blue bedroom black and white, but as we spend 90% of our time in the living room, I decided it took priority. That, and the fact Will looked like he wanted to kill me every time I brought up pulling apart our bedroom to paint. So, I sold him on painting the living room, or part of the living room I should say, partly because I passed it off as "just a few walls" and partly because he hates red accent walls just about as much as I do. See? I knew we were perfect for each other. It was actually his idea to paint the red wall white, which I'm really glad we did, it's nice to have a bright wall offsetting the dark grey. It was also his idea to hang the mountain print (previously over our bed in the apartment) on the wall, next to his Grandpa's ice pick. He's got an eye that one, let me tell you, I was very happy with the result. Also, I got my grey walls, so I'm a happy camper. I especially like that it breaks up the living room and gives us a little "diningroom".

So for now, here are the before and after pictures, and I swear I'll take better ones, but you get the general idea.

before...




after!





ps - How awesome are our "diningroom" table and chairs? Scored those bad boys at Value Village for $30. It was a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet living room much better than the last time I was there, good job Maddy. I'm having a vision now of myself drinking beers in this living room...yes and sitting on your futon thing...yes sometime in...November. See ya soon. -Your most handsome, most hairy, most salty cousin Matt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt! Yea man you'll have to come have a beer and experience the put together home you worked so hard on! November it is, can't wait to see you!

      Delete