Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Roasted Salmon with Bacon and Arugula























Man, I have not cooked in a while. Living in a neighborhood where delicious food it within four feet, you get lazy. Finally tonight, after several meals out this week, I decided it was time to cook. And when I'm in the mood to cook, I'm in the mood to cook. Tonight's meal wasn't particularly complicated or crazy, but it was delicious, and healthy-ish. As usual, I didn't get a great picture of it because I was too excited to eat, but you get the general idea. Here is my rundown of the recipe (originally from William Sonoma), keep in mind I don't measure things:

• Fry 3 strips of bacon and set aside on a paper towel and chop
• Remove most of the grease (save for another meal, if you're feeling healthy, or you're my dad)
• Add chopped garlic and shallot, simmer for about a minute (turning down the heat)
• Add vinegar to deglaze the pan, let simmer for a few minutes
• Add a little chicken stock, again simmering for a few minutes
• Whisk in olive oil, set aside, covered
• Place salmon fillets in baking dish, rubbed with salt and pepper
• Cook salmon for 15 minutes or so, or until it flakes slightly when you poke with a fork (side note; I like my salmon slightly rare, and tend to not cook it quite as long)
• Dress arugula/greens with most of the sauce
• Add salmon atop greens, add remainder of the sauce and chopped bacon, squeeze lemon on top.
• Pour yourself another glass of Chardonnay and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment